Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is getting ridiculous...

One blog post in 2010. How ridiculous is that? Or is it more ridiculous just how busy I have been?? Seriously. Between work and Mikayla and Olliver - there is little time for blogging. Which is unfortunate, because I am supposed to be documenting all of the fun things we are doing.

2010 was filled with lots of firsts for Olliver. We went horse camping for a long weekend with our friends from Yennie's. He wore a saddle for the first time...and he "wore" me for the first time. How exciting is that??!!??

We've been playing the Parelli games and working the levels. I've self-assessed us at Level One and we're working on Level Two. He's doing great with some Liberty games in the indoor this winter. He just so much damn FUN! Parelli has been amazing. I've learned so many things - and also had a ton of ideas that always were bouncing around in my head reinforced. It's nice to find out that you weren't really crazy after all...tee hee!

I still won't be riding him much. I haven't measured him lately, but he's got to be around 16 hh now. So big. Hoping that he'll start to fill out more this year. I guess we'll see. Playing with him on the ground is still fun and challenging. I'm in no hurry. I'd rather let him grow and give his joints time to mature before I make him haul my fat ass around :) Besides, he has plenty of good boy lessons left to learn...

I won't promise that I'll blog more. I'll try to though...in the meantime, here are some pictures...I've always got some of those...



No comments:

Post a Comment