Saturday, October 3, 2009

October? No way!



It's October? Seriously? Not possible. What happened to summer? Where did it go? Have I seriously not blogged since May? I really suck at this blogging thing...

Summer was okay. Just okay. Work was insane. The economy, along with the healthcare "crisis" created by the Nobama administration has made my life at TWFMC a living hell. Every free moment I have is spent either at The Barn or fishing. But now that fall has set in, I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to keep my sanity. Thank God for The Barn. With its indoor arena. I can work with The Boy as much as I want to (or the roads are clear enough for me to get out there)...

The Boy, which is what I have begun to call Olliver on a regular basis, is amazingly wonderful. He is growing up to be monster-huge. He's now over 15 hands. I did some measurements with my farrier and we've estimated him to end up being around 17 hands when he's done growing - and probably 1300-1400 lbs. Holy crap.

His training this summer went really well. He's so smart. And honest. And willing. I couldn't ask for anything more. Well. Let me put a modifier on that. He seems to think that fly spray and velcro are horse-eating monsters in disguise. But you can throw barrels, big rubber balls, chairs, etc at him and he doesn't even bat an eyelash. He's an odd one, my Boy is.

Olliver is exceeding all of my hopes, dreams and expectations. And I suck as a blogger. But I promise to try to do better. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment